Get expert marketing advice from your Coldwell Banker Seal Realtor
With new homes listed for sale in Portland Metro every day, homebuyers have plenty of options. If your home is marketed properly, prospective buyers will find it and be inspired to attend an open house or tour it with their agent. Your CB Seal broker will chart the most appropriate marketing course for your home. One of the first steps s/he will take will be to identify a pool of target buyers, those most likely to be looking at properties that share some of your home’s characteristics or its neighborhood.
Coldwell Banker Seal Realtors have access to the industry’s most cutting-edge marketing technologies and will employ many of those in promoting your home to its target audience. At the same time, our real estate professionals also know that there are tried-and-true methods of presenting your home in the best light to the best-qualified buyers. Here are some of these methods:
1. Since most homebuyers and real estate agents conduct their initial research online, good photographs are essential to the successful marketing of your home. Before you list it for sale, your Coldwell Banker Seal broker will arrange a photo session of your home.
- To help them the most, note the times of day that capture the best views, light or weather conditions.
- Your home’s photo shoot will likely begin outside with shots of the entire property so be prepared to point out the best exterior features of your home. Remove cars from the driveway and clear plants that block a view of your front door.
- Inside, at least one photograph will be taken of every room. Open all of the blinds or curtains, turn on lights, remove personal photos and undesirables like garbage cans from the frame.
- In the kitchen and dining room, place floral arrangements on tables to add a peaceful atmosphere to the space.
- As the photo shoot moves from room to room, it will focus on the most interesting aspects, be they a large closet in a guest bedroom or a fireplace in the living room.
2. Your Coldwell Banker Realtor will be certain to place appropriate signage on your Portland area property for sale.
- If you reside on a quiet residential street, your broker may wish to place a small, directional sign at the corner of the nearest busy street while conforming to local regulations.
- Flyer boxes with fact sheets should be available outside your home. This takeaway brochure will typically list the details of your home, number of bedrooms and bathrooms, square footage and lot size. It can also be used during open houses as a reminder to prospective buyers.
3. There are a number of advertising options available to your CBSeal broker in promoting your home to Portland/Vancouver buyers as well as to those buyers relocating from outside the area.
- When you list your home with a Coldwell Banker Seal broker, it will be featured on multiple websites targeted to home buyers. These include numerous real estate sites and search engines that prospective Oregon and Washington homebuyers check daily.
- You and your agent can also use the internet to publicize your open house.
- Try using social media like Facebook and Twitter to let your friends and family know when your home has been listed for sale or if an open house has been scheduled. You can share your own listing directly from its property detail page on cbseal.com.
- Your CB Seal Realtor will advertise your listing in our company magazine Real Estate Northwest which is distributed at major retail stores throughout the Portland / Vancouver area.
4. Your CBSeal agent will likely schedule an open house for your home once it is on the market.
- Granting prospective buyers the opportunity to view your home in person is one of the most important steps in selling it.
- Prior to the open house, your Coldwell Banker Seal Realtor will actively seek ways to attract prospective buyers through advertising, direct mail, etc.
- If an interested buyer and/or his or her agent is unable to visit your home’s open house, your CB Seal Realtor can also arrange private tours to make sure prospective buyers have a chance to see your home.
Utilizing the methods above will increase the odds of prospective buyers finding your home – and getting them to your front door is the first step in making the sale.
Selling A Home in Portland Oregon, Coldwell Banker Real Estate Marketing, CB Seal Realtor, Oregon Property For Sale, Oregon Real Estate Office, Vancouver Washington Home Seller