Work with a professional to learn how to prepare your home for sale
How you prepare your Portland Metro home for potential buyers can affect the likelihood of selling it quickly. An effective real estate agent will help you prepare your home to sell in order to increase its marketability and value the most. Your CBSeal Realtor will be a knowledgeable resource for preparing your home for sale and will be equipped with multiple checklists to kick off the preparation process.
As a preview, here are some valuable Coldwell Banker home selling tips.
Preparing the outside of your home:
Enhance your home’s curb appeal. Invest some time and money into your home’s exterior to increase the amount of showings and ultimately the selling price.
1. Increase your home’s curb appeal. Invest some time and money into your home’s exterior to increase the amount of showings and ultimately the selling price.
2. A trim landscape can attract buyers, so mow and water your lawn.
3. Trim trees and bushes, and tidy up mulch and other ground cover.
4. Cover bare spots in your lawn with grass seed.
5. Plant flowers – hint: yellow flowers symbolize new beginnings and can evoke buying emotions.
6. Clean sidewalks, walkways, and the sides of your home. Rent a power washer if necessary.
7. Make your house number clearly visible from the street.
8. Keep clutter to a minimum - store bikes, toys and other equipment.
9. Repaint the home or touchup the necessary areas to present a clean and kept appearance.
Preparing the inside of your home:
Create space by clearing clutter. Help potential buyers looking in your Portland or Vancouver neighborhood see your home as a place where they will live their lives, and not the house that is about your life.
1. Remove personal photos, pictures, paintings, trophies, mementos, etc.
Clear the space. Pack up random items you will be moving, remove books from shelves, and empty all counters.
2. Organize things behind closed doors. Smart buyers will want to open cabinets and closets, so keep it neat. This will show the buyer that you take care of your Oregon or Washington home for sale down to the smallest detail. For example: arrange your spice rack, place cup handles in same position, neatly stack dishes, hang jackets or shirts uniformly and line up shoes.
3. Remove unnecessary furniture such as shelving units, extra leaves from the dining room table, or any thing else that may decrease the space of a room – rent a storage unit if you must.
Oregon Home For Sale, Coldwell Banker Home Selling, New Homes For Sale in Oregon, Washington Home For Sale, Preparing My Home For Sale